Thursday, July 23, 2009

Invest in shares

I am sticking my neck out here.
I do not invest in equity - at least not directly.
So it is kind of stupid to give advice on share markets.
But here goes anyways ...

1) I believe that the world economy will recover, sooner or later. It has to.
2) The share market will also, therefore, climb.
3) If you are young, have some money to spare, and have the risk appetite buy shares in sectors that was doing well before the financial meltdown and is now performing poorly only because of financial meltdown. In other words, if the financial meltdown hadn't happened, would you expect these sectors to continue doing well? If yes, this is the sector you should go for.
4) Most people look to make quick money from share market. For what my understanding is worth, I do not think so. You may hit a jack pot once in a while, but most shares give good returns only in about 3-5 years time.

What do you say? Do you agree with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment